Hamas release first video of Israeli held hostage in Gaza

PALESTINE: The Hamas terrorists on Monday released what is claimed to be the first footage of an Israeli held hostage in the Gaza Strip. The 21-year-old woman is seen receiving medical treatment in the video.



The Hamas terrorists on Monday released the first footage of an Israeli hostage held in the Gaza strip after the Israel-Hamas war broke out last week, the Jerusalem Post reported. Hours after the video surfaced, the Israeli military spokesman said it is "a part of a psychological war" by Hamas.

In the video released by Hamas on Telegram, the hostage, injured with a broken arm, can be seen receiving medical treatment.

Introducing herself as 21-year-old Mia Shem from Shoham on camera, the hostage assures that she is being taken care of. She says she underwent surgery in Gaza after getting her arm broken, and that she wants to get home as soon a possible.

“Hi, I'm Mia Shem, 21 years old from Shoham. Currently, I'm in Gaza. I returned early Saturday morning from Sderot; I was at a party. I was seriously injured in my hand. I underwent surgery on my hand at the hospital [in Gaza] for 3 hours. They are taking care of me, giving me medicine, everything is fine," the Jerusalem Post quoted her as saying in her native language in the video.

"I only ask to bring me home to my parents and go home as soon as possible. Get me out of here as soon as possible. Please,” she says.

The video, posted on Hamas's Arabic Telegram channel, was captioned: "Mujahideen from the Al-Qassam Brigades provide medical care to a female prisoner in Gaza, who was captured on the first day of the Al-Aqsa Flood battle," according to the Jerusalem Post.

At least 199 Israelis and foreigners were taken captive by Hamas gunmen during the October 7 attack, causing the highest number of casualties in a single day in Israel's 75-year history.

In another video released by Hamas, the group attempted to portray itself as a humane entity, claiming the non-Israeli hostages were "guests" who would be released "when circumstances allow." The Israeli military rejected this portrayal, asserting that Hamas is responsible for the abduction and murder of innocent people, including babies, women, children, and the elderly.

Post a Comment

0 Comments